Dan and I took an opportunity to get away last weekend. About a month ago, we were on our way up to Island Park when we passed those little cabins in Ashton and I told Dan I've always thought it would be fun to go stay in a cozy cabin with a fireplace. So he booked a cabin for a night during spud harvest. It was close--just up the road to Heise. It was so fun! The cabins surrounded a pond with a fountain, and the trees are turning colors... The funny thing was, though, when we walked into the cabin we looked for the fireplace (which Dan had specifically asked if they had) and it was one of those wall units where you can turn on the flame like fire and supposedly get the same feel as a fireplace. It was funny--I should have got a picture of me by it. But it was a very nice and needed getaway.
We drove to Sizzler for dinner and then back again to the cabin where we actually watched two movies--without any interruptions!! The next morning we got up, had homemade caramel French toast in the lodge and had a nice drive to the Temple before going home. Thanks Hon for the wonderful time!! I think since our anniversary is always the busiest time for the store we better start celebrating our half anniversary like this--so Happy 20 1/2!
(Notice the ducks to the side of me--they are "Larry" and "Curly" and came waddling up to the cabin for food when we called them.)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a fun trip! YOU of all people definitely deserve it!!! :)
Fun!!! Both of you SO deserve this! Thanks for sharing!
Hey Dan! Way to be romantic and treat our daughter like a queen! Both of you really do deserve such fun. Thanks for sharing and Happy half way through anniversary!
everyone needs some time away.
Post a Comment